(as of Nov 21,2020 04:33:03 UTC – Details)
Eat healthier every day with this fast, easy vegan cookbook and meal plan.
A little meal prep goes a long way to simplifying the plant-based diet. Vegan Meal Prep makes sure that you always have healthy, portion-controlled meals and snacks ready-to-go with fool-proof meal preps.
Featuring 8 meal preps that cater to a variety of nutritional needs and tastes―grains, greens, legumes, bowls, and more―this cookbook provides nutritious, balanced recipes for 5 days of the week. Complete with a start to finish guide for prep day efficiency, plus meal prep must-haves like shopping lists and storage tips, the hardest thing you’ll have to do is choose which meal prep is right for you.
Vegan Meal Prep includes:
- Meal prep 101 that explains the benefits of vegan meal prep, along with basic techniques, go-to ingredients, and storage tips.
- 8 meal preps, each including a meal plan, shopping list, equipment list, a step-by-step prep day action plan, and 5 recipes for the week.
- 70 recipes that include Tofu-Spinach Scramble, Quinoa and Kale Bowl, Miso Spaghetti Squash, Pesto Pearled Barley, Kale Chips, and more!
Whether you’re a newbie vegan or have experience with the plant-based lifestyle, Vegan Meal Prep makes it easy to enjoy nourishing, plant-based meals as a regular part of your weekly routine.
From the Publisher
Ready-to-Go Meals, HACKED!
Vegan Meal Prep is the ultimate solution to making sure that nothing gets in the way of healthy meals Monday-Friday. So get your tupperware ready and let this book be your guide to making vegan meals easy.
MEAL PREP BASICS:
Learn what to keep in your pantry, storage tips, and flavor combos for perfectly executed make-ahead meals.
8 MEAL PREPS:
Each 5-day meal prep has a different thematic focus and balance of recipes, ranging from Mexican to Japanese cuisine.
TASTY VEGAN RECIPES:
This book is packed with vegan-friendly breakfasts, lunches, and dinners to feast on all week long.
Sample Recipe: Sweet Tamari Tempeh with Roasted Vegetables
Prep: 10 minutes, 1 hour to marinate / Cook: 45 minutes / Makes 4 servings
1. In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, tamari, dates, garlic, and ginger. Add the cubed tempeh, and gently toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or as long as overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Transfer the tempeh to a roasting pan. Add the onion, red pepper, and Brussels sprouts. Stir well to coat the vegetables in the marinade. Cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes.
4. Uncover and roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and tender.
5. Divide the tempeh and roasted vegetables evenly among 4 wide-mouth glass jars or single-serving containers. Let cool before sealing the lids.
Place the airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. To thaw, refrigerate overnight. Reheat in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
Calories: 334; Fat: 15g; Protein: 27g; Carbohydrates: 31g; Fiber: 6g; Sugar: 8g; Sodium: 544mg
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce, 2 dates, pitted and minced
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved, or 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
3 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
1 teaspoon ground ginger,
16 ounces tempeh, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1/2-inch cubes)
1 large yellow or sweet onion, cut into half-moon slices
1 large red pepper, seeded and sliced